Key Ideas and Details
- Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it; cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text.
- Determine central ideas or themes of a text and analyze their development; summarize the key supporting details and ideas.
Craft and Structure
- Assess how point of view or purpose shapes the content and style of a text
Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- Integrate and evaluate content presented in diverse formats and media, including visually and quantitatively, as well as in words.
- Delineate and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, include in the validity of the reasoning as well as the relevance and sufficiency of the evidence.
- Analyze how two or more texts address similar themes or topics in order to build knowledge or to compare the approaches the authors take.
Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- Read and comprehend complex informational texts independently and proficiently.
*Specific Reading Standards covered by Take 2 projects
*Specific Reading Standards in Social Studies and Science subjects covered by Take 2 projects.
Key Ideas and details
- Write arguments to support claims in analysis of substantive topics or texts, using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence.
- Write informative/explanatory texts to examine and convey complex ideas and information clearly and accurately through the effective selection, organization, and analysis of content.
**Specific Writing Standards covered by Take 2 projects
**Specific Writing Standards in Social Studies and Science subjects covered by Take 2 projects.